Commonsense Management Of Sinus Issues
Sinus infections happen when fluid builds up in the air-filled pockets in the face (sinuses), which allows germs to grow. Viruses cause most sinus infections, but bacteria can cause some sinus infections.
When you have a sinus infection, one or more of your sinuses becomes inflamed and fluid builds up, causing congestion and runny nose
A weak immune system or taking drugs that weaken the immune system can result in sinus infection.
- Common symptoms of sinus infections include:
- Runny nose
- Stuffy nose
- Facial pain or pressure
- Mucus dripping down the throat (post-nasal drip)
- Sore throat
- Bad breath
SO WHAT CAN I DO….
- Drink plenty of water. To help flush the virus out of your system, make sure you’re adequately hydrated. …
- Eat immune-boosting foods, fresh fruit and veges
- Add moisture, inhale steam
- Clear the sinuses with oils, eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil
- Use a neti pot, flush the nasal passage with warm water
- Ease facial pain with warm compresses, a light massage never hurt anyone
- Herbal medicines, support your immunity and sinus area by using traditional herbal medicines and remedies
# Sinus Plex® is an Australian made herbal medicine manufactured in a licensed facility.
For more information go to www.ppcherbs.com.au
If symptoms persist or worsen always speak to your healthcare provider.