Sheep Sorrel Herbal Tea
Based on a traditional Essiac formula to help detoxify the body, restore health of the immune system and increase energy levels.
$33.00 – $60.00
Or 4 fortnightly payments from $8.25 with More info
250 gm | 500 gm
PPC’s Sheep Sorrel tea uses specific plant species that are harvested at their peak times in order to enhance their potency. The herbal ingredients are blended to exact ratios for maximum synergistic effect.
Burdock root Arctium Lappa
Slippery Elm Bark Ulmus Fulva
Sheep sorrel leaves Rumex acetosella
Turkish Rhubarb Rheum palmatum
Mix 15-30ml of Sheep Sorrel tea with 15-30ml of boiled water, two times a day. Take on an empty stomach
Mix 60ml of Sheep Sorrel tea with 60ml of boiled water, three times a day. Take on an empty stomach
Sheep Sorrel tea is a herb blend based on a world renowned herbal tea formula originally formulated by a Canadian Ojibwa healer and popularised by Canadian nurse Rene M. Caisse (Essiac spelled backwards) in the 1920’s. The bio-active herbs in Sheep Sorrel tea have been used independently in naturopathic medicine for hundreds of years to help normalise general body functions. Once praised for its benefits in cancer treatments it fell out of popularity after research dispelled any cancer treatment benefits. The tea however is coming back into fashion as a general body tonic.
Sheep Sorrel Tea Preparation
The tea may be consumed warm or cold and may be sweetened with honey or juice if desired.
- Combine 45gm of the Sheep Sorrel tea blend tea blend and 2 litres of water in a large saucepan and gently boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir thoroughly, cover with lid and allow to stand for a minimum of 4 hours up to 12 hours. The longer it steeps the higher the potency.
- Reheat the mixture (but do not boil). Add 200ml of distilled water to replace water lost through evaporation.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool while covered.
- Strain the tea through a fine strainer into clean containers.
- Store the Sheep Sorrel tea in the refrigerator. The batch should last for 3-4 weeks. Discard immediately if mould develops.
Duration of use
Can be taken regularly for an extended period of time.
Information not available. Talk to your healthcare practitioner
36 months from date of manufacture
Safety during pregnancy and breast feeding has not been evaluated. Not to be taken by infants.
TALK TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL IF PREGNANT, LACTATING, TAKING MEDICATION OR SUFFERING FROM A SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION PRIOR TO TAKING SHEEP SORREL TEA. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ALL INSTRUCTIONS ARE CAREFULLY FOLLOWED.