The Pharmaceutical Plant Company Pty Ltd (trading as “PPC Herbs”) has more than 25 years of experience as a Melbourne-based manufacturer and processor of botanical, fruit and vegetable extracts. We specialise in liquid and semi-solid dose forms (creams and ointments) and supply ingredients to the food and pharmaceutical industries, as well as liquid herbal extracts to Naturopaths and Herbalists.
In 2018 PPC moved into a new, purpose built 1,200 m2 facility that is fully compliant with AS1940 Dangerous Goods standards, as well as being a TGA licenced facility for complementary medicines. We are also a certified Organic Processor by Australian Certified Organic (ACO), which allows us to manufacture certified organic products in our facility.
PPC is a member of the following organizations:
- Complementary Medicines Australia (CMA)
- Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA)
- Australian Certified Organic
- Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI)
Our core competencies are based on expertise in the preparation of liquid botanical, herbal and fruit extracts, as well as contract manufacturing of liquid and semi-solid formulations (blending, filling, labelling and packaging). Our products include:
- Traditional Herbal Extracts made from dried botanical material using a proprietary cold percolation technique
- Fresh Plant Tinctures made from certified organic Australian grown fresh botanical material
- Listed medicines including Herbal Medicines and Herbal Remedies
- Native Australian plant extracts and preparations
- Herb infused oils and glycetracts
- Fermented fruit extracts, principally a fermented Paw Paw (papaya) product
and beverage extracts based on
ethanol or ethanol/glycerol
Our expertise in support services includes advice on formulation, labelling and packaging and validated production methods and documentation. We work with other companies in the regulatory, labelling and packaging industries to support our clients whenever possible. We are audited annually by Australian Certified Organic and every 2-3 years by the TGA to ensure our credentials remain current and up to date.