Insomnia is a debilitating condition that affects most people at some point in their life. There are various forms of insomnia ‐ Sleep onset insomnia (difficulty falling asleep), Sleep maintenance insomnia (difficulty staying asleep), Sleep offset insomnia (waking up too early in the morning), and Non‐restorative insomnia (the feeling of not having enough sleep). Regardless of the type of insomnia you have, if it persists it can disrupt your daily performance and quality of life and could lead to other issues like a weakened immune system, depression and irritability.
For many people who suffer with Chronic Insomnia, “sleeping pills” become a way of life, taking them day in and day out to maintain some level of sleeping normality. The problem with this treatment method is that the root cause remains unaddressed so the Insomnia persists, as does the need for the sleeping pills.
- Difficulty falling and/or staying asleep
- Poor sleep quality
- Daytime fatigue
- Poor concentration
- Environmental factors including excess caffeine consumption, television or computer use before bed.
- Biological factors such as a painful condition or illness.
- Mental or emotional stress.
- Drug use including amphetamines such as speed and ecstasy.
- Hormonal factors such as menopause, PMS, restless leg syndrome or low blood sugar levels.
Sleep Plex combines the following blend of traditional Herbs consisting of:
- Withania (Ashwagandha) root is an Adaptogen, Tonic and Sedative
- Passion flower leaf is calming, mildly sedating and helps promote sleep
- Skullcap leaf is a nervous system tonic that helps relieve tension and is mildly sedating.