The yeast-like fungus Candida albicans normally lives in a healthy balance with the other bacteria and yeasts that inhabit our mucous membranes. When this natural balance is upset, candida can multiply dramatically causing thrush, a fungal disease that can affect many parts of the body, but is particularly likely to affect warm, damp areas such as the genital region.
- Vaginal discharge that tends to be whitish in colour and smells different to normal.
- Pain during sexual intercourse and/or urination.
- Redness, itching and swelling of the affected areas.
- White lesions on the affected mucous membranes.
If left untreated, Candida overgrowth may present as chronic candidiasis:
- Diarrhoea or constipation, bloating and flatulence, abdominal pain
- Depression, irritability, inability to concentrate , pre-menstrual syndrome
- Antibiotic use
- The oral contraceptive pill (especially high-oestrogen varieties)
- The use of cortisone and other steroids
- Pregnancy and menstruation
- Depleted immunity (e.g. HIV/AIDS)
Canda Plex combines the following blend of traditionally used herbs:
- St Mary’s Thistle seed to stimulate digestion and promote gastric secretions while aiding liver detoxification.
- Pau D’arco bark for its ability to inhibit the growth of and destroy fungal infestations.
- Echinacea purpurea for its anti-fungal and anti-microbial actions. It helps the body to improve resistance to infection by supporting the immune system.
- Cat’s Claw bark for its anti-inflammatory action and help in producinga barrier on mucosal surfaces.
- Golden seal root for its ability to inhibit the growth of microorganisms.
ALWAYS CONSULT THE LABEL CAREFULLY BEFORE USING ANY HERBAL MEDICINE
WARNING: Use only as directed and consult your Healthcare Practitioner if symptoms persist. Not to be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Contains ethanol. Contains homeopathic ingredients without approved therapeutic indications. Store below 30oC